Welcome to Al Sadiq Islamic English School which is an inclusive school. We recognize and value every student and celebrate their individual needs.
As a school, we honour the uniqueness of each individual and embrace diverse backgrounds, values, and points of view to build a strong, inclusive community and prepare students for lives in a multicultural society. We strongly believe that developing an inclusive environment is the responsibility of every member of our team. Our commitment is to provide every student with an equal opportunity to participate and thrive in educational and extracurricular programmes.
We welcome students of determination, students who are gifted and talented, high achievers, and students who study English as an Additional Language (EAL).
As a school, we:
1. We implement programmes and practices that provide equal access and enable all students to thrive academically, physically, socially, culturally, and emotionally.
2. We examine and revise our curriculum and teaching practices as necessary to ensure that we are effective in reaching every student.
3. We train our teachers to recognize and to understand the range of needs and learning styles among our students to build and sustain an inclusive classroom.
4. We affirm the uniqueness of each individual and value individual ways of existing in the world. We are committed to understanding how personal, cultural, and historic aspects of identity contribute to and enrich our school community.
5. Our teachers assess progress regularly and work along with the inclusion team to enable each and every child to achieve at their best.
6. Our qualified Inclusion Lead works with the teachers to implement specialized support programmes where needed.
What our Inclusion Lead does:
1. Working with all staff to identify students who need additional support
2. Supporting intervention where required and guiding teachers on using resources effectively to enable students to make good progress and achieve well
3. Tracking and monitoring assessment records of the progress of children of determination and the gifted and talented
4. Working with outside agencies who provide specialist support and teaching for students of determination
5. Communicating and supporting parents
Who is a Student of Determination?
A student of determination is a student with a long-term physical, mental, intellectual or sensory impairment which, in interaction with various barriers, restricts the student’s full and effective participation in education on an equal basis with peers of the same age.
Students of determination are identified through one or both of the procedures listed below:
a). Through the work of a specialist and/or knowledgeable school team, displaying almost all of the characteristics of a particular category of impairment, delay, or disorder .
b). Formally diagnosed by a qualified and licensed medical professional as having a long-term difficulty, impairment, or disorder.
Guidelines for Parents:
> Be aware of your child’s progress and be involved in their learning.
> If you have concerns about your child’s progress, do meet up with the teacher in the first instance and follow up with the Inclusion Lead; we welcome a culture of dialogue and open communication.
> If your child requires an individual learning plan, you will be required to provide the school with copies of all educational assessments or reports.
> Where psychological testing is required for children, assessment is carried out externally by specialists at the discretion of parents. You will however be required to provide us with copies of all medical, psychological, or educational assessments or reports. This will enable us to provide the best services for your child.