Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Curriculum
Foundation Stage 2
Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) comprises Foundation Stage 2.
Al Sadiq recognizes and values the significance of the early years in a child’s school life. Care is taken to ensure that the transition from home to school is smooth and truly enjoyable. Our FS2 teachers receive children with warmth and do their utmost to ensure that these early learning experiences are stimulating and joyous so that children are provided with ample opportunities to develop their confidence, communication skills and cognitive & motor abilities.
Each area of learning and development is implemented through planned, purposeful play and through a mix of adult-led and child-initiated activities. Play is essential for children’s development, building their confidence as they learn to explore, think about problems, and relate to others. Children learn by leading their own play, and by taking part in a play that is guided by adults.
There are seven prime areas of learning and development that shape the educational program in EYFS. All areas of learning and development are important and inter-connected.
These areas are:
• Communication and Language Development
• Physical Development
• Personal, Social, and Emotional Development
• Literacy (Reading & Writing)
• Mathematics (Numbers, Shapes, and Measurement)
• Understanding the World (People and Communities; Technology)
• Expressive Arts and Design (Exploring Media and Materials)
• As well as Arabic and the Holy Qur’an which is central to our own school curriculum